Here at Queenslanders, our ultimate goal is to help all of our members reach their financial goals and, as such, we’re constantly on the lookout for ways to improve our products and services.
We understand that our younger members have different needs and wants when it comes to their banking, so we’ve developed the new LiveFree account – a flexible everyday transaction account that will only be available to members aged between 18 and 30 years old.
With the new LiveFree account, our younger members can enjoy banking free of transaction and account fees with:
- Unlimited withdrawals through rediATMs – one of the largest networks of direct-charge free ATMs in Australia;
- Unlimited free Visa debit purchases (where ‘credit’ is pressed);
- Unlimited EFTPOS transactions at Woolworths group (where members can’t press credit on their Visa debit);
- Unlimited NetBanking (internet banking) and PhoneBanking transfers;
- Unlimited BPAY transactions;
- Unlimited over-the-counter branch transactions;
- A Visa Debit card linked to the account FREE – this saves you the usual $20 annual fee for this service;
- 1% interest rate on the money held in your account, calculated on minimum monthly balance and paid 6 monthly; and
- An optional overdraft*
In addition to these special features that are only available with ‘LiveFree’, when you open an account with Queenslanders you’ll also be eligible for the following services that come standard with your membership:
- You can set up any number of ‘buckets’ (secondary accounts) to keep your money separate for special purposes;
- Nominate a set amount of money to go into your ‘buckets’ each time you get paid – then all you need to do is sit back and watch your savings grow;
- Free SMS Alerts that let you know when your pay is in, when your account drops below a certain balance or even if a large withdrawal is made from your account;
- A range of special purposes savings accounts that can help you achieve your savings goals;
- Competitively prices loans that can help you buy that first car or even roll a couple of small debts into one convenient loan.
And there is much more! So why wait? Visit your nearest branch or call 1800 QLDERS to start living your life free – with Queenslanders!
Interested in learning more about why you should choose Queenslanders for your banking needs? Earlier this year we asked our Facebook community to tell us what the difference between a credit union and a bank means to them. Click here to watch some of their video responses!
Our current fee structure works on loyalty rebates, whereby members that have had a chance to grow their balances through savings, a mortgage or other loans with us are refunded all or part of their transaction fees as a reward for their loyalty to the Credit Union. Our records show that our younger members haven't had a chance to build their balances enough to avoid transactions fees through this loyalty rebate system. The new LiveFree account gives them a chance to do this.
Members outside this age group are encouraged to talk to Queenslanders about any savings or loans they have at other financial institutions which, when brought to Queenslanders, would allow additional free transactions on their membership.
*Available to approved applicants, usual credit criteria apply.