Step 3: Find your home
Buying a home is a long term investment, so you need to make sure the home you choose is comfortable and that you’ll be happy there for a long time. Things to consider when choosing an area to live include:
- Availability of public transport
- Closeness to facilities such as schools and shopping centres
- Distance from your family and friends
- Costs involved with commuting to work
- Are house prices in the area tipped to grow or drop in coming years?
- Is the area you like subject to floods or other natural disasters?
- Will the home be big enough if you decide to start a family in the near future?
Once you’ve found a home that suits your needs and is within your budget, you can progress to making an offer through a real estate agent.